‘All Hail Maxi-Dorm!’ ‘Fight Wildcats, Fight!’
BRINK is so pleased to welcome the tallest skyscraper in the world to our beloved city, Tucson. 40,000 fresh-faced college kids will be able to be neatly sequestered in one single building! We absolutely think University of Arizona’s “effort to preserve the character of the neighborhood to our west and get the granola munchers and NIMBYs off our backs” (U of A’s Moses Rump’s words, not ours) is a worthwhile cause.
Photo and info from David Fitzsimmons Arizona Daily Star article.
Summer is coming to an end, as the weeks just seem to fly by. This week is the last week of August! What!? While you try to wrap your head around that, also try to wrap your head around what we tweeted last week. It was one eventful week, from the DC earthquake to the earthquake in Silicon Valley following news of Jobs’ resignation. With so much to handle, here’s just a sampling of what we had to say:
- Consumers Get Wise to Behavioral Targeting. See their sentiments, by the numbers, here: http://ht.ly/66MVa ^MG
- 7 ways to create display ads that get noticed: http://ht.ly/69Mwt ^MG
- Oxford adds “retweet” to dictionary, along with “sexting”, “cyberbullying” and “jeggings” (really?). More: http://ht.ly/69P4x
- July saw Facebook and Twitter US traffic records. See the breakdown here: http://ht.ly/69LI3 ^MG
- As fighting rages around Gaddafi’s Tripoli compound, hackers have taken the fight to the country’s domain name registry:http://ht.ly/6aXCp
- The line between marketers & publishers is blurring - success now requires ‘Always-On’ Interactivity & Fresh Content:http://ht.ly/69OwW
- If Mobile Is A Must, What Tactics Should You Use?http://ht.ly/69PC1 ^MG
- Old-guard Lacoste tries novel tactic - outfitting non-celebrities in its trademark croc tees: http://ht.ly/6bRaV ^MG
- Google Alerts Leading Social Media Monitoring Tool:http://ht.ly/6bV6i ^MG
- Wheew. Surfing the web while at work may actually help productivity! Remember THAT next time you guiltily switch tabs:http://ht.ly/6bSU4
As always, thanks for following us here on Tumblr. We really appreciate all your likes and reblogs and are thrilled that somebody is reading out there. If you want to continue knowing what’s on the BRINK, don’t be afraid to FOLLOW US & LIKE US.